Skip to main content

Until Next Time
October 14, 2017 By: Deric Kennedy

Hey, it's not goodbye, it's see you next season (term)...
and when you're back, be sure to invite a new friend!
__________________________________________________________________________



Hey, welcome back to The SCEM VIEW, with Deric. For over two months now, we've been exploring and discussing various topics and content from my Strategic Communication & Emerging Media (SCEM)COM6630 course. As a part of our overall grade, we were required to create a blog and post weekly. And as the host, I have taken us a quite the journey. Traditional media, mobile communication, social media, blogging, citizen journalism, crowdsourcing and branding all make a little more sense to me now and it is my hope that you guys have benefited from The SCEM View as well and maybe even enjoyed it too! But, the term is now over and we are going to taking a brief break. Nonetheless, I still want you all to keep a SCEM View in mind and share with us new stuff once we kick off the next season! And on that note, I'm going to close things out and wish everybody well on your individual journeys in the meantime. I'll Catch you guys right back here next time for The SCEM View, with Deric.

Later!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO CONVERGE OR NOT TO CONVERGE, THAT IS THE QUESTION _________________________________________________________________ August 27, 2017 by:Deric Kennedy   Hey, welcome back to The SCEM VIEW, with Deric. As you know, this is my Strategic Communication & Emerging Media (SCEM) blog and we're glad to have you back with us. Quick recap, last week’s post was an introduction and as expected, I shared a little about myself and the blog. It was important that I communicated clear objectives and expectations for you guys and allowed you all to get acquainted with my page before jumping into things. Now that we are on to week two, I am enthusiastic about where we are headed, I’m feeling fantastic about the momentum we have going here and am ready to give you my SCEM VIEW for the week! I have an awesome show (post) lined up for you. This week, COM 6600 is briefly discussing digital technologies and media convergence as it relates to mass communication.   It’s s...
“I Just Wanna Be Successful” December 10, 2017 By: Deric Kennedy “We seem to gain wisdom more readily through our failures than our successes. We think of failure as the antithesis of success, but it isn’t. Success often lies just the other side of failure.” Leo F. Buscaglia. Welcome back to  The SCEM VIEW , with Deric! By now, you know that I’m pursuing a master’s degree in Strategic Communication at Troy University. This blog (which I like to pretend is a popular prime time talk show where strategic communication and pop culture fuse) was originally created to explore and discuss various topics and content in a previous class, Strategic Communication & Emerging Media (SCEM), but I have since completed that course and am now taking COM6610 Leadership and Issues in Strategic Communication. I decided to hold on to the name “The SCEM View” because it's catchy and you guys already know it…so why not? And so, here we are. Let's keep riding this thing out! ...
WANTED   For the death of my class reunion- Maybe.   September 3, 2017 by: Deric Kennedy Hey, welcome back to The SCEM VIEW, with Deric. As you know, this is my Strategic Communication & Emerging Media (SCEM) blog and we're glad to have you with us! Quick recap of last week, my COM 6630 class briefly discussed digital technologies and media convergence as it relates to mass communication. Last week’s show topic was on convergence and/or its advantages. I proposed the question, "To converge or not to converge?" The conclusion was very similar to a comment left by a fellow classmate. It read simply, "The print newspaper and television are declining but they are hanging in there. I think that traditional media such as these are holding on because there is a need for it somewhere. Some traditional media is going to hang in there because there is still a want or need for it, and I think it all comes back to diversity. Everything cannot be digital...